For those who are blessed enough with the ability to conduct a gig or recording with just a guitar and a microphone on hand, a guitar speaker is vital. Guitar speakers come in three sizes – There are the 8 inch, 10 inch, and 12 inch types. But for now, we are going to zero in just some of the best 10 inch guitar speaker models that are currently being sold on Amazon, as testified by those who have already bought from Amazon themselves.
So some may ask, how did we get the guitar speaker models in our list? First off, of course we had to check if the customer were happy with the product, which is reflected when it has the most five star ratings. Then we also check what their comments are about the product. We found out that those who are looking for guitar speakers on Amazon usually go for those that can resist a lot of wear and tear, as well as those that others say will sound good when they connect their guitars to it. Ease of usage is also a plus, as well as dimensions although there’s not really much to compare in this aspect because everything in this list is 10 inch speakers.
Thus said, here is the list of the 5 best 10 inch guitar speaker reviews models in the market right now:
1. The EMINENCE 10-Inch Lead/Rhythm Guitar Speaker
One of the best sellers in the set, with only one stock left as of May 31, 2016. All of its customers ranked it as the guitar speaker ever, too. It has an alnico magnet, which means it’s really best for vintage and country sound, whether it’s on a recording or a big event. The only slightly negative comment is that it takes time to break in, but they really don’t see that as something negative because the quality is kind of worth the wait.
2. Celestion G10 Greenback Guitar Speaker, 8 Ohm
This one, on the other hand, has a ceramic magnet. Cheaper than the Red Fang, it is currently on sale with free shipping so it’s even more affordable right now. Most agree that this speaker rocks in rock music! It even produces sounds that could be comparable with its 12-inch big brothers. Some, though, still think it’s a bit pricey for its type and would recommend other models if they want more mellow sounds.
3. Jensen Vintage C10R 10-Inch Ceramic Speaker, 8 ohm
The Jensen Vintage C10R 10-Inch Ceramic Speaker comes in all three sizes but of course for this feature on the best 10 inch guitar speaker we are going to deal with the 10 inch type only. This one can be bought for just a little less than fifty dollars, but accordingly the sound it produces is comparable to the crisp, full-bodied tones of a Fender Tweed. It didn’t even need some breaking in. This model suits small and low wattage amps best.
4. Eminence Patriot Ragin Cajun 10″ Guitar Speaker, 75 Watts at 8 Ohms
Another one of those small and affordable performers at only 70 dollars, and now, it’s even on sale for 65 dollars. Reviewers say it is best for the lead guitar – it makes the sound loud, crisp, and clear while maintaining the smoothness of the tone, exceeding even up to 30 watts. However, it is advisable to use another guitar speaker for the rhythm guitars, because there’s not much bottom adjustment capability in this kind of speaker. This one is basically meant for sounds to stand out.
5. Jensen Vintage P10R8 10-Inch Alnico Speaker, 8 ohm
Last but not the least is an alnico gem from Jensen Vintage. If one is into blues junior, he’s going to sound like vintage Fender tweed here, with the growl and sweetness included. It’s easy to break in, because the wattage is just low. But it seems that this speaker takes some time to adjust. Some attest that theirs just really started loosening up after one week of continuous use. But some are just not convinced that this guitar speaker sounded vintage enough. It’s also less than comparable to the Fender in terms of sound. However, the fact that it’s alnico gives it a sound that’s just right.
Frequently Asked Questions about the 10 inch Guitar Speaker
Now that we have zeroed in five of the guitar speaker models on Amazon at the moment, it’s time to get to know what questions we need to ask when we’re buying our own 10 inch guitar speakers. We could take our cues from the questions that buyers frequently ask from manufacturers and suppliers. These are listed as follows:
– How much wattage could it take? The most is just at 30 watts, so it’s safest to buy 10 inch guitar speakers that could take just that amount of wattage from their guitar amps.
– Are there built in effects? Built in effects may or may not work to a guitar player’s advantage. It really depends on what he wants to achieve, whether it’s revving up the sound of the guitar or giving it some bottom. Knowing whether there are certain effects that the guitarist wants in the speaker would help him decide if he’ll actually be buying the amp.
– Can it withstand wear and tear? The best guitar speakers, whether 8 inch, 10 inch, or 12 inch, have the ability to withstand decades of use. Heck, there are some models for sale on Amazon that date back to the 70s and 80s! For a guitar speaker to be deemed credible, it has to be like wine – the older it gets, the better its sound gets as well. This is one of the reasons why the Fender is an all time favorite choice when it comes to guitar supplies.
Now, if all those questions have already been asked, but a decision still can’t be made as to what 10 inch guitar speaker, we can rely on to this guide on the 5 best 10 inch guitar speaker models in making our purchase.